Take control of your imports
Global trade is more of a challenge today than ever before. It's critical to have a knowledgeable guide to help you navigate the complex world of importing. UPS can help you take control of your imports. How does it work? UPS puts you in the driver’s seat with advanced technology that ensures your inbound international packages are delivered to your exact specifications.
More control, fewer delays with UPS Import Control
Efficient management of the sourcing process is crucial, and UPS Import ControlSM gives you a new level of control. As an importer, you can:
- Initiate package shipments from another country and request delivery to yourself or a third party
- Reduce transportation costs and better manage inventory
- Use freight collect billing without sharing your UPS account number
- Reduce documentation errors and enhance customs compliance
- Route shipments directly to your buyer
- Have the commercial invoice removed prior to delivery to a third party
Plus, you can combine UPS Import Control with additional tools and resources for more efficiency and flexibility in your import processes. For example, you can:
- Get complete, up-to-date shipment visibility on inbound shipments
- Access enhanced import visibility to manage your brokerage and customs information
UPS Import Control does not require a special account or contract. You can use the service through UPS Internet Shipping, UPS WorldShip®, UPS CampusShip®, UPS Developer Kit, and some UPS Ready® providers.
More import solutions to extend your global reach
UPS makes it easy to source, plan, ship and import products around the world. With service to over 100 countries, we can help you manage your import shipments, increase your competitive advantage, and expand your business around the world.
Access tools and resources to make importing easier. Learn about international shipping and brokerage services. Find rates and delivery times. Access advanced visibility services. You can get it all on ups.com.
New to international shipping?
No worries. Whether you are getting started or expanding your operations, UPS can provide answers to important questions about importing and exporting.
- Know the facts about importing
- Become an expert at exporting
- Learn about international billing options
Back to Top
Download step-by-step guides to learn how to ship with UPS Import Control.
- Download fact sheet about UPS
- Prepare UPS Import Control
- Process UPS Import Control
shipment in UPS WorldShip
- Enable UPS Import Control
shipment in UPS CampusShip (Administrator Guide)
- Process UPS Import Control
shipment in UPS CampusShip
Financing for Imports
UPS Capital provides the financing you need to import inventory and ensures your business has the cash flow for continued growth.
Customer Story: Sourcing specialists master importing
Toys, T-shirts or furniture, the TOCH Agency can source, import and deliver them worldwide – with a little help from the UPS.